diabetes When our bodies do not make enough insulin or when the Insulin is not used properly, it is called Type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is common amongst overweight adults above 40 years of age but sometimes children who are overweight are also diagnosed with it. With Type 2 diabetes the symptoms are slow to detect.
Often people don’t realize that they have them. People who have a parent or a grandparent who has diabetes are likely to get it too. With type 2 diabetes it is important to exercise regularly, eat a healthy balanced diet, and take medications or insulin regularly.
Type 2 Diabetes Symptoms:
- Increased thirst and a constant feeling of dryness in the throat
- Increased frequency of urination especially at night
- Increased hunger
- Unexplained weight Loss
- General lack of energy
- Repeated fungal infections of the skin
- Delay in the healing of wounds
- Blurring of vision
We have introduced type 2 symptoms which are the same as type 1 diabetes also, if your body shows any symptoms reach out to a doctor and consult about it.
Still, we are listing down risk factors of type 2 diabetes so you are well prepared about this and fight back.
Type 2 Diabetes Risk Factors :
Type 2 diabetes is caused by several factors, including lifestyle factors and genes. Some of the risk factors for type 2 diabetes include
- Internal body structure
- Excessive weight
- High blood pressure or cholesterol
- Family History
- Gestational diabetes
- Environmental Factors
- Following a healthy diet and eating plan
- Exercising regularly
- Oral medication: Certain oral medicines are given to maintain the blood sugar levels under control
- Insulin: not all individuals with Type 2 DM, need to take Insulin, but in cases where the oral medicines alone cannot control the blood sugar, the addition of an Insulin dosage on a regular basis will help keep the blood sugar levels in control.
- Monitoring blood glucose levels regularly
Consult your doctor to know more about the types of medication suitable for you.